As a comprehensive funeral home, we understand the overwhelming amount of paperwork that accompanies the loss of a loved one. At Chiles – Laman Funeral & Cremation Services, we are here to ease your burden by offering dedicated paperwork assistance.
Insurance Assignment filing and claim processing
Completion of necessary paperwork after the loss of a loved one
Assistance with filing insurance claims independently
Guidance and support throughout the paperwork process
Efficient and accurate handling of all required documentation
Relief from the burdensome and sometimes complex procedures
Peace of mind knowing that paperwork is taken care of with care and attention to detail
Our funeral directors are here to help you every step of the way. We’ll explain each payment method and investment option available and help you make a decision that best suits you and your family.
Don’t wait for a life-altering event to force you to make these decisions. Take control of your legacy and safeguard your estate by pre-planning with Chiles-Laman Funeral & Cremation Services.
To request more information or to begin the pre-planning process, please contact Demi Burden at 419-228-5474, or complete our easy online pre-planning form now.
Community Support Groups
- 13 week support group with a workbook, DVD, and support group for those who have lost a loved one.
- Sessions are held at Shawnee Alliance Church, 4455 Shawnee Road. Call the church for meeting times: 419-991-6546.
Share. Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support, Inc.
Second Tuesday of each month, no meetings during June, July, and August. 7 – 8 p.m. in the Garden Conference Room inside Allison Radiation Center, corner of Market & Collette. For more information, please call Stephanie: 419-226-9237, or for immediate response, call St. Rita’s Call-A-Nurse: 1-800-437-4827
Meetings do not require membership, are free, and are open to bereaved parents who have experiences the death of a baby due to early pregnancy loss, stillbirth, or in the first few months of life, regardless of how much times has passed since the loss. Friends and family of the bereaved are also welcome to attend.
P.A.L.S. Persons Affected by a Loved One’s Suicide.
- Fourth Thursday of every month (third Thursday of November and December). 7 – 8:30 p.m. at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center, 2nd floor of the Ruse Building, at the corner of S. Main and Wallace, above the Emergency Room.
- For more information, please call 1-877-969-0010, or the Putnam County Chapter: 419-659-2475
- This group offers friendship and understanding to parents who have experienced the death of a child.
Support for Widows
- For more information, please call the YWCA: 419-228-8664
Bereavement Support Groups for Adults, Young Widows/Widowers, & Camps for School Aged Children
- For more information, please call Herb, Barb, Karen, or Kim: 419-226-9064, or 1-800-332-4724
- A variety of support is offered to Allen, Auglaize, and Putnam Counties through St. Rita’s Hospice.
- For more information, please call the Lima Community Church: 419-223-9646
- This is a 13-week informational seminar and support group on the grieving process
- Phone lines open 24 hours/ 7 days a week: 1-800-567-HOPE (4673)
- They offer crisis counseling
Lutheran Social Services
- For more information, please call 419-229-2222
- Have grief counseling and grief support groups available